Sunday, December 22, 2013

Spelling

Today Blythe was working on Christmas cards for her teachers, Mrs. Bigelow and Mrs. Moffat.  She was wanting to do it all by herself (of course), but her spelling skills aren't great yet.  So she was calling out to me, "Mom, how do you spell . . . " and I was telling her.  The picture below if for Mrs. Bigelow.  All by herself, without asking for any spelling help, she wrote the "I lik you" (all word wall words) but then she asked how to spell Mrs. Bigelow.  The thing about dictation is that sometimes I go too fast (even though it feels like I am going very slow), and sometimes she doesn't understand and it's awkward.  I told her, letter by letter, how to spell Mrs. Bigelow, but as is evident from the picture, something was lost in translation.  Mrs. Bigelow became Mrs. Pigblow.  I laughed and laughed when I saw it, but made no suggestion for change.  I love it!  I hope Mrs. Pigblow likes it too. The rest of the note is all spelled correctly because after she said, "How do you spell 'Mrs. Bigelow'," she then said, "How do you spell 'thanks for being my teacher love'" and I knew I didn't have the patience to spell that for her.  I wrote it on a piece of paper she could copy.

I quite like the drawing of Blythe and Mrs. Pigblow

No comments:

Post a Comment