Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sensitivity and Perception

Today for Blythe's homework, she had to identify five people she knew that she wanted to make a wish for.  I'm not exactly sure what they have been talking about in school, but I think it sort of went along with Christmas.  Like, "What would you like this person to have?" sort of thing.  

Our Blythe is a thinker, and in addition to that, she is very thoughtful and perceptive about other's life experiences, even though she is only five.  When I explained what her assignment was, she wanted five pieces of paper so she could draw pictures of her wish for each person.  The five people she chose were Grandpa De, Grandma Dawn, Kent, Key Bug (her birthmom), and me.  I wrote the names at the top and her wish for each of them, then she drew the pictures.  Here they are. 

This is my dad (on the left) and Jesus (on the right).
I, too, hope my dad is having a happy time in Heaven.

Grandma Dawn is sitting on the couch relaxing.  
She is not busy doing all the things she has to do normally.

I'm not sure what Kent is doing in this picture.
I should probably ask Blythe.

At the moment, Key Bug is in rehab.
Blythe knows she does drugs and is very pleased that she working to stop.


Blythe spends a lot of time with me every day.
Obviously, in her eyes, not all of it is a good time.

These pictures make me cry.  I am moved by my daughter's desire for blessings upon those she loves.  And I am bothered that I am not doing a better job at parenting her.  It is my great failing as her mom.  I wish to be better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment