Friday, November 29, 2013

Pictures to Accompany the Thanksgiving Post

After posting my Thanksgiving ABCs, I realized I had taken some pictures to go along with it, but looking back, I'm not sure where to put them.  They don't really go along with the ABCs (I need pictures for everything, and maybe I'll do that later), but they are part of the holiday, so I'm just adding them on here.

On Wednesday afternoon, Mom, Mikayla, and I made 15 pies:
five each of pecan, pumpkin, and apple.
We did it all in just over an hour and a half, 
working out to one pie every six to seven minutes.
That's pretty good.

This is a picture of the roasted vegetable I contributed to dinner.
There is broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, purple potatoes, parsnips, and beets.
They were delicious!
And the beautiful cut glass bowl was my great-grandmother's, Irene Sbarbora.

The cousins settling in to eat.
Clockwise from the top: Blake, Collin, Makenna, Blythe, Brandt, and Luke
  
 It was a beautiful day, just over 50 degrees.
These are the girls out talking and playing something electric in the late afternoon sun.
It was certainly nice to be able to be outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment