Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Yearly Pics

We don't really believe in getting school pictures.  When Brandt was in kindergarten, we bought a small package of pictures of both him and Blythe (I took her in), but neither of them looked natural and I decided we wouldn't do it again.  We have gotten class pictures because I think that is important, but as far as a set of shots of the kids posed with artificial smiles, that's not happening again.

However, I do feel that it is important to mark growth and change each year, so I enlisted Mikayla's help to take pictures of the kids.  We went up to the state hospital to run around the old castle, and I love the way most of them turned out.  The kids cooperated well, for which I was grateful, and I had fun photos to give to grandparents for Christmas.  I'm not really sure I need to include all of them, but here they are.

Brandt, age 7, and Blythe, age 5.


 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
This is one of those pictures where it suddenly hit me,
'This is what Blythe will look like when she's older.
She doesn't look little.' 

  
 
 
 
I love those eyes and those dimples. 

 


 
There is a lot going on behind those green eyes.
Lots of impish mischief.
 
 
 
This is about the only picture where you can sort of see that Brandt's bottom teeth are coming in.
That's a very strange smile.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment