Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Piano Recital

I've been taking piano lessons now for nearly two years.  My teacher, Mike, has had a couple of recitals during that time, but I've been out of town so I haven't participated.  However, today was a recital and I'm in town, I've been practicing like mad, and do I performed.  I played a simplified (though still difficult for me) version of Camille Saint-Saens' The Swan from Carnival of the Animals.

I felt fairly silly performing because I am one of only two adult students that Mike has.  I was playing with young people, most not yet in their teens.  But I suppose I am setting a good example for my children, and I have been enjoying playing better and seeing improvement.  Kent, Brandt, Blythe, my mom, and Mikayla all came to listen.  Isn't it wonderful to have family support.  I felt like I played well, though I did make some mistakes.  The beginning and the end were both good; I was happy to have started and ended well.  Brandt took three pictures, all from fairly far away, and all blurry, but here is proof that I recitaled.




No comments:

Post a Comment