Sunday, November 3, 2013

Best Night Ever

In the spring I went with a couple of friends to see Vocal Point perform at BYU.  It was a fun show.  In September, I saw that they were going to be performing at the Covey Center, and so I got tickets for us to go.  I purchased four--for me, Kent, my mom, and Brandt.  I was fairly certain that Brandt would really like the show.  A couple of days ago, I saw on Facebook, Vocal Point's new music video of Brave.  I had Brandt watch and listen and he thought it was awesome.  When I told him we were going to see those guys in concert, he was super excited.

We went to the show last night.  It was a sold out show, but our tickets were on the second row, next to the aisle, and we had a super great view of all the action on stage.  The nine guys are energetic and sing well (obviously).  Their a cappella singing rocks, and we were especially impressed with the beat boxer, Adam the percussionist.  He made super cool/weird noises.

Brandt was totally into the show.  He watched with rapt attention, he clapped along, he sort of danced in the seat next to me.  At intermission, he asked if he could have a t-shirt, and as they had one in his size, we got him one.  He got very tired as the show went on--it finished well past Brandt's bedtime.  But with only a song or two left in the show, when Brandt could hardly keep his eyes open, he turned to me and said, "Best night ever."  He really, really, really liked the show.  Maybe one day he'll be on stage performing.

Future Vocal Point Member

Current Vocal Point Members

No comments:

Post a Comment