Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thursday

Each Thursday for some weeks now, Donovan has come to spend the evening with us.  Bryan is in rehab (doing well) and can have family come and be with him for dinner and group meeting Thursday evenings.  Sue and Missy go and Donovan comes and hangs out with us.  This week Missy didn't have to work and so they went early and Donovan was with us a bit longer than usual.  Fortunately, it was warm outside.  Blythe and Donovan swung, I raked, then we walked over to school to pick up Brandt.  We left about twenty minutes before school ended even though we really only live about seven minutes away, but I didn't want to carry Donovan and the double stroller wheel is broken, so I wanted to give us plenty of time to go slowly.

We did.  Go slowly that is.  Donovan was interested in every bush and bit of dirt we passed.  He stopped and scraped in the mud, picked up chunks of ice, and wandered under trees.  We made it to school with about one minute to spare, and I did end up carrying him part of the way.  Blythe went scantily clad in a tutued dancing outfit, her snow boots, and coat.  The dancing outfit is too small and hugged her bum a bit more than I was comfortable with, but my entreaties that she put something else on fell on deaf ears.  Oh well.  I am trying to be better at picking my battles, and that is a battle I chose not to fight.

A cutie patootie, happily swinging. 

Here is Donovan, well off the beaten path.

How about that get-up?
The coat and boots would lead one to believe it was really cold.
The bare legs, not so much.

These pictures were taken not far from the school.
I couldn't get Donovan to actually walk with me, however.
At this point, as he was headed into the irrigation ditch, I picked him up and carried him the rest of the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment