Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day


We did nothing for St. Patrick's Day.  I did make sure we all had a bit of green on when we went to church, just so we wouldn't be pinched, but that was the extent of it.

Brandt, however, woke with St. Patty's spirit moving him to go hunting leprechauns.  He got a flashlight, a gun (not real!), and a stick, all of which he put in his backpack, and then went next door to invite Cruz to come hunting with him.  Cruz's grandma, Julie, reported to me that Brandt knocked at 7:30am and said, when she opened the door, "I'm hunting for leprechauns!  I've got a gold piece to lure them out and I am sure I will find one.  I haven't found on yet, but I want Cruz to come help me hunt for them.  Can he come out?"

Isn't that wonderful?  I know Brandt had been talking about St. Patrick's Day in school, and obviously he has been paying attention.

Normally I would be somewhat concerned that Brandt was knocking on neighbor's doors at 7:30 on a Sunday morning, but Cruz regularly appears at our house well before breakfast and will join us for Cheerios at the kitchen counter, so I suppose turnabout is fair play.

No comments:

Post a Comment