Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Evening

We have had beautiful spring weather the past week.  I have been unable to keep the children in the house for any length of time between the end of school and pretty much bedtime.  They have dragged themselves into the house at dinnertime, protesting that they have to eat inside, swallow three mouthfuls of whatever is nearest at hand, then escape out the sliding glass door into the fresh air.

I can't say that I blame them.  I have hardly been inside either.  I have been reading in the sun, raking in the sun, planting in the sun, sitting in the sun.  Just being in the sun has been divine.

We had a baby shower for Mikayla at my house this morning, and with my sisters (Mik, Tysen, and Sharae), we planned an early evening picnic at the park, just so we could be in the sun some more.  We met at the Scera park with take-out and ate, talked, and played.  We froze too.  Although the sun was out and the ambient temperature was mild, the wind kicked up about the time we left the house, and we huddled together at the picnic table to eat before jumping up to run around and try and stay warm.

Blythe, my child with no body fat, after playing a bit and eating, decided she had had enough, said she had to go to the bathroom, and insisted on being taken home.  Although I told her she would have to pee behind a tree or hold it, Kent took her home.  Brandt and I stayed on.  I'm fairly confident he was unaware of being cold until we actually got in the car to come home.  He played football with Guy, Crew, Griffin, and Luke, while being chased around by Kila.  It was nice to be together, to play and talk, and to do it all outside.  In an exciting football moment, Christopher got kicked in the hand by Crew who broke his finger, adding a certain unforeseen sense of drama and angst.  We vowed to do it all again soon--when it was warmer.

Lyla found my purse, slung it onto her arm, then waved goodbye to me as she strolled off into the park.
I headed her off and took her picture.
Then I took my purse.

This picture is without Makenna and Collin who were playing on the equipment, 
Sharae who was watching Collin,
Me who was taking the picture,
and Kent and Blythe, who had gone home.
Still there were Ava, Lyla, Tysen, Christopher, Mikayla, Guy, Kila
Crew, Brandt, Luke, and Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment