Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Through the weekend we enjoyed family time, good food, fun, and a bit of work (more on that to come).  It was fun to have both children home all the time, and it was good to reflect on all we have been blessed with.  Here are picture highlights.

Brandt made this turkey at school.
He called it his "alien turkey" because one of the eyes fell off.

Wednesday afternoon we went to Mom's house to make pie.
Mikayla, Tysen, Ava and I all worked together.
Blythe helped a bit too.
It was delightful to continue the tradition of pie making through the generations.
I want Blythe to enjoy this activity every year as much as I do.



 
Before and after the pie was baked. 
Mikayla saw a pie with crust like this (probably on Pinterest) and wanted to give it a try.
I think it turned out quite well.

Here are finished pies.
We made eleven and it took only two hours.
They were beautiful and delicious.

We had dinner at Aunt Georgianne and Uncle Lauren's house.  Georgianne had a fun rhyming game for the kids.  We had to find rhyming items around the house, things like "sock on a clock" and "hook on a book."  Brandt was pretty good at it.  We had a very, very tasty dinner, then visited.  We spent some time at my mom's house playing games, too.


I glanced out the window after dinner to see this.
How swell to have cousins!


The boys found a dead bird.
How cool is that!

Alina, Blythe, Brandt, Sam, Jake, Lucas

Alina sang for us, "This is Halloween" from Nightmare Before Christmas.
She was great!

I composed this weeks ago and never posted it.  Why?  I've been busy preparing for Christmas.  Mostly I've been making photo books for my in-laws, my adopted in-laws (Grandma Dawn and Papa Scott), my mother, and the kids birth moms.  I finally finished them last night.  Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment