Sunday, December 23, 2012

Funny Children

 Boxes are just wonderful.  Brandt and Blythe love to play with them.  Doesn't particularly matter how big or how small, they will find something to do with them.  Blythe makes homes for her stuffed creatures, and Brandt makes vehicles of different kids.  I have to remind myself that they are using their imaginations when they construct (and deconstruct) with the boxes because boxes take up lots of room, and box bits make a mess.

On Saturday, when I was trying to clean and put things away, requiring repeated trips up and down the stairs, I found this at the top of the stairs on the landing.  When I suggested to Blythe that she had selected a less than ideal spot for her play, she said, "But Mom! It's my lemonade stand!"  Although she was not likely to get much custom at the top of the stairs, she didn't care.  She moved one box slightly to the side so I could pass by, but the lemonade stand was there all day.


These pictures of Brandt are from December 10th.  We got snow--lots of snow.  Brandt was so excited.  He put on all his snow gear (including new camouflage snow boots), asked for his snow shovel, and went out to clear the sidewalks.  I was super impressed with this work only to realize that someone else had actually cleared the sidewalk and he was just coming along behind.  However, the bottom picture is legit.  Brandt cleared off the front walk from the porch to the driveway.  He worked diligently, sticking with it until done, and all he asked for in return for his efforts was a cup of hot cocoa.  I obliged.



No comments:

Post a Comment