Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Planting

At the beginning of the spring, we pulled out all the Oregon grape in the front of our house.  I had great plans to plant things that would beautify the yard and delight the eye.  Instead, we grew weeds all summer.  I weeded several times, but we planted nothing.  Three weeks ago I weeded again and said to Kent, "We must plant something this time."  So I went off the nursery, bought plants, and we actually got them in the ground.

To say I am pleased is a major understatement.  Every time I step out the front door, drive up to the house, or look out the window, I am thrilled to see plants, wanted plants, actually growing.  The bed is full of perennials, helpfully selected by a very knowledgeable nursery man who guided me through the plants.  Next year we should have something blooming from March through September, and with annuals mixed it, the bed should be vibrant and exciting.  I did plant three euonymus and two other somethings that are evergreens, as well as 72 pansies that will add color through the fall and should revive in the spring.  I am just amazed at how cheerful non-weed plants have made me.  And though I am anxious to get more planted and have the rest of the yard looking good, I can wait until the spring to launch in again.




No comments:

Post a Comment