Saturday, October 20, 2012

Funny Children

The children said funny things this week.

A couple of days ago our neighbors were having their carpets cleaned.  The truck was making a tremendous noise and for a really long time.  We had been out running errands and as we came into the house, Blythe said, "Mom, what is making all that ruckus?"

Another day, while out running errands, Blythe said, "Mom, I have a very difficult question."  I turned off the music we had been listening to and said, "Okay, I am ready for your question."

With great seriousness Blythe then asked, "Mom, where does root beer come from?"  A difficult question indeed.  For the record, root beer is made from sassafras root.  And also for the record, that Blythe is a thinker.

One morning, Kent was helping Blythe pick out clothes to wear.  "Dad," she said, "I need two options."

On Thursday I went to volunteer in Brandt's class for the first time this year.  I put on a nicer pair of black pants and my black flat shoes.  On the way home from school, Brandt turned to me and asked, "Mom, why are you all dressed up with your fancy shoes?"  I was surprised that Brandt, a six-year old boy, would ever notice what I was wearing, and that he has been paying enough attention to know that most of the time I do very little with myself.  I suppose I should make more of an effort.

And finally, one evening while Brandt was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, he asked, "When do I get floor in my bathroom?"  Before we moved into our house, there was carpet in the bathrooms.  We pulled that all out, but we haven't replaced it with anything else, and so we still have exposed sub-floor.  Obviously it has been too long if, again, our six-year old boy has pointed it out.  I ordered tile the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment