Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Garage Sale

We had a garage sale on Saturday, along with our two next door neighbors.  As we anticipate moving (someday, when we find a house), I am trying to get rid of stuff I do not want to move, and a garage sale is a good start.  As I have been going through the basement storage and the house at large, I have been making a pile of things to sell.  I have been making the children nervous.  Every day one or the other of them has asked, "Mom, are you going to sell my" and then they ask about something they play with or use every day, like their shoes, or their bed, or their favorite movie.  

We did pretty well.  We made $160, but even better, we cleared out stuff.  Although we did not sell everything, we sold lots and sent the rest to good will when all was said and done.  I was surprised by several things that people bought--a hand massager and an alphabet die cut set--and not surprised by several things that did not sell--an ancient lap top (which I threw away) and two glass flower vases (of which everyone has half a dozen or more).  Brandt was very keen on helping, taking money and giving change, and making sure no one drove away in his green vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment