Monday, May 2, 2011

Fictionist


http://www.fictionist.com/rollingstone/RVB

This is Fictionist.  They are a Provo band competing to be on the cover of Rolling Stone.  Every time I say that, in my head I sing a line or two (or three or four) of an old Dr. Hook song "Cover of the Rolling Stone," which came out in 1973 (when I was only 3).  Proof positive how long something can stay with you if set to music.

But anyway.  Fictionist is from Provo.  In fact, most of them live around the corner from me.  Stuart Maxfield (lead singer) and his wife own a home in my ward; they live upstairs and other band members live downstairs.  When it is warm, the children and I will sometimes stop by when they are rehearsing in the garage and listen to them play.  Brandt likes the drumming and Blythe likes to dance.  They are great and I would heartily recommend you give them a five star rating through the link above.  Go ahead!  Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment