Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

I had big plans for Valentine's Day, and then Grandma died, I had things that needed to be done, and making Valentine's sort of ended up down the list.  We did have a cousin party and made Valentine's, but neither of my children wanted to participate.  Instead, Brandt made a pillow castle with all the couch cushions.  We celebrated Guy's birthday too, with a tasty dinner and delicious cake.  Brandt likes to tease Guy who teases him back.


 

On Valentine's Day, I did make some themed food.  We had pink heart shaped waffles, fruit smoothies, and fresh fruit for breakfast.  For dinner, I made heart shaped pizzas.  For Brandt and Blythe (mostly Brandt because Blythe doesn't really like pizza) I made pepperoni, with heart shaped pepperoni.  Brandt helped me cut them out.  For Kent, I made Canadian bacon and pineapple with heart shaped Canadian bacon, and for me, chicken pesto pizza with heart shaped tomatoes.  I feel like I am all about the food.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm. Chicken pesto pizza. Sounds divine. Katherine, I just wanted to tell you how much I love reading your blog, even the long one about your grandma. It makes me feel like I've had a long chat with a good friend. You're a great writer! And a great mom and wife, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete