Friday, February 11, 2011

Done!



Brandt had a perfect bathroom day today.  No accidents; all business in the toilet.
In addition, the past three mornings he has awakened with a dry pull-up.
Tonight he said to us, "I am done with diapers.  I don't want to wear them anymore."
We have cleared out the drawer that held the diapers and are giving Brandt the choice of what to put in there instead--rock collection, toys, a treasure trove of pilfered treats.  Whatever he wants.
We have been cheering all evening.
In my desire to be done with nasty diapers, I have perhaps been pushing him a bit too much, and freaking out when "messes" have occurred.  Of late, I have been very calm, let him do his thing, praised when good things happened, and cleaned up without hysterics.  And he has now decided to be done with diapers.  Just like that.
(Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!)

And bonus!  Because Brandt is taking care of business in the toilet, Blythe wants to too.  Every time Brandt says, "I need to go to the bathroom," Blythe says, "Me too!"  Dare I hope to be done done by this time next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment