Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Sweet Valentines

My three favorite people. 

I wanted to make valentines for Brandt and Blythe and Kent, and then it didn't happen.  I'm sure it would not  have made much difference to the children, and it would have been a nice gesture to Kent, but he doesn't really care about that sort of thing.  So instead, two days after Valentine's Day, I'm going to tell my valentines why I love them.

Kent, I love you because:
You are accepting of me as I am, but help me to be better.
You are a fantastic father--involved, patient, loving, helpful, and funny with our kids.
You are smart.
You are interested in the world at large.
You change the oil in the car.
You are forgiving.
You will eat anything I put in front of you.
You get up with the children during the night and let me sleep, undisturbed.
You provide for our family so I can stay home.
You let me do my own thing and support me in all my projects, even if you think what I'm doing is silly.
You know my ticklish spots, and tickle them.
You set a good example of faithful flossing.
You are kind to those who need a friend.
You are generous with your time and means.
You are always, always, always willing to serve.
You put family first.
You honor your priesthood.
You have a great tush.
You let me drive your truck, but only so far.
You are a good home teacher.
You are funny.
You laugh at my jokes.
You are considerate of my wants and needs.

Brandt, I love you because:
You are affectionate and snuggle with me all the time.
You are bright.
You are inquisitive and want to learn about things.
You are forgiving.
You always greet me so happily when we have been apart and are again together.
You help me see the world in a different way.
You make me want to be a better mom.
You will sing with me.
You put the most important things in perspective for me.
You are happy you were sealed to me and Dad.
You want to share experiences with me.
You love our extended family.
You have beautiful brown eyes and dimples.
You like to read stories with me.
You can jump high and run fast and do daring things, and you always want me to watch you do them.
You make me laugh--all the time.

Blythe, I love you because:
You add sunshine to our home.
You are a teaser teaser.
You are smart and want to learn new things.
You are independent, but still willing to let me help you.
You are fiery and strong, traits I think will take you far.
You are so happy all the time.
You like to jump.
You like to 'nuggle with me.
You have a beautiful smile that radiates joy.
You are happy you were sealed to me and Dad and are a part of our family.
You like to dance and want our home to be filled with music.
You will sing with me.
You are brave and open to new experiences.
You love our extended family.
You help me be a better mom as I work to develop more patience.
You are a beautiful girlie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment