Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sheep

I have given our alphabeting a rest for the month to focus on Christmas.  I am still wanting to keep the children entertained and engaged, so I have put together some other things to do.  Tuesday we made sheep tree ornaments.  Jack and Simon Tanner and Connor Phillips came down and joined us.  They were simple enough that even Blythe could make them, just black card stock cut in the shape of a sheep, with cotton balls glued to them.
Blythe, Brandt, and Jack
And sheep.  And glue.

Connor, Jack, Brandt, and Simon
Brandt had put on his pirate Halloween outfit and talked like a pirate non-stop while the other boys were here.
I think he felt big, just like them.  
He kept saying, "Ahoy me hearties!"
Very Christmas-y.

By the time everyone had finished with their sheep, we had a whole flock.  
And something of a fuzzy mess.

I have set these three trees aside for the children to decorate with ornaments they make.
Here are the sheep hanging on them, but I will be the first to admit it is hard to tell they are sheep.
They look more like snowballs because you can't see the black sheep faces and legs.
Oh well.  Snowballs are Christmas-ish too.

No comments:

Post a Comment