Monday, December 27, 2010

Caroling, Caroling Now We Go

I love to go caroling.  Each year since we have lived in our current home we have hosted a caroling party.  We invite some of our neighbors and carol to other neighbors, I make sweet rolls, and we have hot chocolate. It has become a fun tradition, one which several people look forward to.  Simon Tanner, nine years old, asked me early this month when we were going.  It is such a good time even a nine-year old boy likes it!

This year there were 17 of us caroling.  Our across the street neighbors brought a group of six high school students who we don't know, but they sang well.  We were well received.  One neighbor we sang to said, "I thought carolers were a thing of the past," and another said, "I was wondering if you would be coming this year." Although the holiday season can get busy, I am glad that we made time to sing.  The rolls turned out beautifully too.  I ate three--two orange and one cinnamon.

Most of us.
Simon is in the Santa hat, singing and ringing bells.  
So, so festive!

Here is our neighbor Tom.
Brandt and Blythe would stand on the porch of each house and conduct those of us singing.
Too, too fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment