Thursday, December 9, 2010

Choo, Choo!

We have a Christmas advent calendar with little pockets.  On some mornings, I will tuck a mini candy cane in the pocket and the children get a treat.  On other days, I will put a small yellow star in the pocket with an activity we will do during the day.  Today was a star day and the star said, "Decorate gingerbread trains."


Both children working hard on their decorating.
I did the frosting, but they did all the actual candy placement.

Last night I put the trains together so that today they would be nice and solid and the children would have no problem decorating.  They loved it, but what's not to love about candy and frosting?  I had to encourage them A LOT to put the candy on the trains, not in their mouths, but I think by the end of tomorrow, the trains will be bare, devoid of candy.  I guess it would be expecting to much to think that the children might actually leave the candy alone.

 
The completed trains.  
Although we only decorated these late this afternoon, it was a good thing I got documentation of the finished product.
They have been significantly undecorated since I took the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment