Friday, December 8, 2023

Lights On at Zions Bank

Today was the Lights On event at my branch at work, and I missed it all.  I wasn't going to do a Lights On event this year because last year's wasn't a big success, but then I changed my mind at the last minute and contacted the PTA president at Rock Canyon. She sent out an email, I shopped for some treats, and we prepared the tree for decorating. 

A month ago, Amy Morris, manager at the Orem branch who used to be my manager in Provo, asked if I could come and cover her branch today. I said I could. I planned the Lights On event at our branch for today because Friday is early out at school, and I thought more people might be able to attend. I planned on returning to my branch for the hour of our event, then returning to Orem. Sadly, when the time came for me to leave and go to Provo, I was helping a client. He was one of my clients who had specifically come to Orem to have me help him, but he was very late for our appointment. I asked him to come at noon, knowing I needed to be back in Provo by 2:00, and figured two hours would be plenty of time to help him. It was enough time to help him, but he didn't arrive until 1:00. I completely missed the whole thing at my own branch. 

I was very, very sad. Mikayla came with her kids. Mackenzie Drake came with lots of little girls, Hilary Davis brought slightly bigger boys, and the PTA president came with two of her boys. Gregg Pugmire came with a homemade gingerbread man which he said was delicious and which I should eat over the next couple of days. Brandt was there, and Dan Passmore showed up too. It was all so fun for everybody except me. It really made me very very sad. 

But my tree looks so cute, and I will plan on doing it all again next year.

Last night at our craft night, Mikayla made me a hippo ornament!

Brady Elder, Maxwell Drake, ?, Sam Davis

?, Hannah Drake, Camille and Jenna Bracken, ?

The PTA president's boys

The Johnsens

Gregg, Dan, Brandt
Gregg's gingerbread cookie was good.
I ate most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment