Monday, July 24, 2023

Pioneer Day

Another day to celebrate pie and root beer and pioneers who trekked across the plains to allow us to enjoy religious freedom. So many good things all in one day. 

We began the day with the Primary parade and ward pancake breakfast. Always a good time visiting with neighbors. I had to work this morning for about an hour but then I had the rest of the day off. After work, I set about pie making. I have had a terrible time trying to decide what kind of pie I was going to make. I suggested about five or six of them to my mom, Mikayla, and Sharae, all of whom agreed that five or six pies were too many. 

  

I did settled on three. I made the jumbleberry, coconut cream, and lemon fluff berry. I've decided there were so many pies to make and so little time to eat them that I'm going to make pie every other week on Sundays because I have a little bit more time on Sunday to prepare things, and I really like pie. We'll see how long that lasts. 

We went to my mom's house for swimming and eating, eating, eating. It was a nice to be in the water and sun, to be together with family, and to enjoy a summer day outside of work.

coconut cream, Snickers, lemon fluff berry,
chocolate cream, jumbleberry, and apple
YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment