Thursday, July 6, 2023

Brandt Turns 17

Brandt turned seventeen today. I did no balloons, made no cake, planned no party. I am probably a bad mom. However, in my defense, Brandt didn't want a party, was happy with getting a treat, and doesn't really care about balloons. When I asked what he wanted to do, all he expressed interest in doing was seeing a new movie coming out called Sound of Freedom. It's about child sex trafficking. How's that for a fun birthday movie? Because that is what he wanted to do and it was his birthday, that's what we did. Kent, Brandt, and I went and had a sad, emotionally difficult time. I cried, Brandt cried, maybe Kent cried. Then we went and got ice cream. It was sweetness following a bitter movie.

Brandt is a great kid. People tell me that all the time. He is kind, willing to serve, and always up for a good time. He likes to work, play his music really loudly, and game. He is passionate about his beliefs, religious and political, and often speaks emphatically about whatever. He has a good idea of what he wants to do when he grows up and continues to have me as his best friend. We love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment