Saturday, September 25, 2021

Last Swim

Today was the last swim of the season at Mom's pool. I hate this day. It means summer is really over, it's going to get cold, and we won't be able to bask in the sun for months. It was especially not a great last swim day because I didn't get to swim. I'm still recovering from my surgery, and my GI tract has not been happy all week. I wasn't able to get in the water. Instead, I hung out by the side of the pool and moaned softly to myself, trying not to be a burden to my friends. I did visit with everyone in the pool while dangling my feet in the water. Thea didn't want to swim for long, so she sat next to me and snuggled while we ate popcos. I suppose it could have been worse. 

At one point, Kal swam over and looked at my legs. He felt them and said, "Kake, what is this?!" It was dark poky hair from not having shaved in over a week. He was both puzzled and disgusted. Me too.  

Here's to swimming and sun and summer fun. May it return quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment