Saturday, September 4, 2021

Family Temple Trip

On July 30, I stayed up until midnight so I could make a baptism appointment in September. The calendar opens the first of the month before, and getting to do baptisms has been like winning the lottery. It was totally worth it to me to be until twelve to be able to attend with Brandt and Blythe, all of us together. I made a reservation for sixteen people (the most possible) and immediately invited family to come with us, giving them a month's notice so they would be free. We don't have sixteen family members who can go do baptisms, but I figured we fill the openings with friends.

Turns out, although everyone had a month's notice, we had far fewer family members than friends. But today we had a very nice hour in the temple. Eugene, Sharae, and Luke came, Mikayla and the four of us. Then we invited Jarom, Sam, and Sarah Oyler, Heidi, Paul, and Bryce Moreland, Lizzie and Rachel Jensen, and Elizabeth Stovall. It was terrific to be together, to do baptisms for family members, and to feel the spirit of the temple. 

Mikayla and I both stayed up until midnight on August 31 and were able to make, between the two of us, five baptism appointments for October. We will let our young men and young women use a couple of them, but will plan on being there again as a family. I love to be in the temple!


No comments:

Post a Comment