Monday, June 14, 2021

Young Women and a Ropes Course

The Young Women all went to the ropes course by the lake. They had hoped that it could be part of camp, but there were no openings during camp, so they went today. The timing was irrelevant, they just wanted to have fun. And fun they did have! Here is Blythe's report

We got there and did a few team bonding activities. We were connected and had to get out of a tricky situation; we had to retrieve something and use each other as a human rope. There was a huge swing, much like the one at Heber Valley Camp. When the girl in charge asked who wanted to go first, I said, 'Me! Me! I'll go first!' I knew how to put my harness on and got all ready without her even having to tell me how. The other girls pulled me up when I was attached to the rope, and when she said, 'Let go!' I immediately went swinging down. I was a bit surprised. 

Then we went and did the ropes course, which was fun. I once again went first. There were different paths you could take and I went over a net part. Emma followed me and got stuck, so I had to help her. I wanted to do a part then realized it was harder than it looked and didn't do that. I was a bit nervous about the zipline, but did it and had fun. 

Doesn't that sound terrific?! Jeri Covey sent me a picture of Blythe at the start of the pull-up on the big swing, and Mandy sent me one of the Deaconelles all standing around together. As I didn't attend this activity, these pictures are all the photo documentation we've got. At least it's something.


Readily identifiable
Emma Bradford, Blythe, Heidi Moreland, Claire LeCheminant

No comments:

Post a Comment