Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Adult Only Date Night

This evening, Kent and I went out with my mom and siblings for an adult-only date night. We have a good time together, and without the children demanding attention, we are really able to enjoy each other. Today we met at Black Sheep CafĂ© (not Kent’s favorite) and then went to Heber’s Hatchets to throw sharp implements at large pieces of wood. I thought dinner was good but throwing hatchets even better. There is something deeply satisfying about vigorously hurling a small axe at anything at all. We laughed as we played a couple of games and congratulated Sharae on being The Tall Hog at the Trough. We each got to throw the hatchet five times, and whoever had the highest score was named "Tall Hog." Sharae got the most points, even through two rounds. It was an unusual activity which we really enjoyed. I think the kids would like it, too. I may bring them to throw axes too.








No comments:

Post a Comment