Saturday, June 5, 2021

(Another) Teenager in the House!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Calley! Our bestest girl Blythe is thirteen today! We've got another teenager in the house!

Blythe is amazing. She is smart and funny, beautiful and witty. She has known for some years that she wants to be a writer, and her writing has improved immensely as she has worked hard at her craft. She remains a people person (in spite of what she says about being an introvert) and others are drawn to her. She is great with children--the Rasmussen boys love her as do her younger cousins--but adults really, really like her too. Just recently, Teri Weidman said to me, as we were talking about Blythe, "I just love that girl. She is my number one favorite." Mine, too. But I had no idea Teri liked her so much. Blythe is strong, determined, and brave, traits she will need in these last days. She believes in herself and her abilities, as do Kent and I. There are moments when she absolutely glows with confidence. She's also a thirteen-year-old girl, trying to figure out where she fits in the world. But I am certain she will come to know herself better and be able to go forward, doing good, making a difference, being tremendous. How could she not?




Blythe had a good birthday. I know. I asked. We had pancakes for breakfast and opened packages at lunchtime. She did some shopping with Keyaira who joined us for dinner, too. I made Blythe's favorite chicken Waikiki and pavlova for dessert. She wanted to have a sleepover with friends, but as tomorrow is Sunday (and I was exhausted from youth conference), she agreed to a lateover movie night. She and her friends watched The House with a Clock in Its Walls, a scary movie without being gory or super unnerving. Kent and I watched something inside and heard way more talking and giggling than movie noise. They seemed to have a good time. 

We love our Blythe!!



Makenna, Blythe, Addie, Emma, Ellen, Lizzie, and Elizabeth
not pictured: Margaret who came late

No comments:

Post a Comment