Sunday, February 21, 2021

Witness to the Book of Mormon

In Sunday School today, we talked about the three official witnesses of the Book of Mormon, and then others who were permitted to see the plates, like the eight witnesses and Mary Whitmer, as well as Emma who saw and felt the plates covered up. Paul MacKay was teaching, and he challenged us to write our own witness of the Book of Mormon for our posterity. I'm taking that challenge to heart.

I have read the Book of Mormon dozens of times. I almost always read in the mornings because I have found that my day is better when I begin it with time in the scriptures. I hear God's voice, I learn something, I am reminded of and taught truth every time I read. I feel as though I know those whose stories I read, and I am grateful they were willing to record their interactions with Heavenly Father. I love knowing that even prophets of God have challenges that weigh on their souls, that bring them sadness and heartache, but continue faithful, always acknowledging God's involvement in their lives and their faith in Him. I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ, a second scriptural witness of his life and mission. I love reading about his sweet visit to the Nephites after his resurrection. I know the Book or Mormon teaches pure doctrine. I know it was translated by Joseph Smith, who was a prophet, just likes those whose recorded their testimonies on the plates. I know Mormon saw our day and wrote for us. I love the Book of Mormon and know it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment