Saturday, February 6, 2021

The Park in lieu of the Car Wash

I took Brick and Cora to Costco with me today. I should never go to Costco on a Saturday because it is always a zoo. But I had good company, so it wasn't horrible. We were going to go to the car wash too. There was a dirty, dirty rain last night, and because we went to Timpview to see Macbeth, the car was out and ended up filthy. Everybody and their sister needed a car wash, however, and lines at every car wash in the valley were ridiculously long. Cora loves the car wash and insisted that we wait. I, however, was unwilling to spend an hour in line. She began to cry. Not wanting to disappoint, I promised we would get the car washed on Monday, and instead, we could spend an hour at the park. Although not entirely happy about the exchange, Cora agreed. 

We picked up Kal and drove to Bounous Park, just south of Timpview. There were other options, but it was close. It was also fenced off due to construction, with "No Trespassing" signs posted along the fence. There were other people on the play equipment, and I asked how they got in. They had pushed open the fence a bit, so we followed suit. We were miles away from actual construction and not risking life or limb any more than we would if the park wasn't closed, so I didn't feel too guilty. A bit guilty, but not much. It was beautiful and sunny and everyone had a great time.

Here's to sunny weather in February.







No comments:

Post a Comment