Thursday, February 4, 2021

Kal's Best Buddy

Oh boy did I get lucky today! I was invited to go to Kal's pre-school as his Best Buddy. I felt honored to be chosen and was absolutely tickled to be there with him. As soon as I walked in, he said, "Grantie Kake!" and waved to me. All the kids were sitting in a line on the floor, and I sat with the other buddies along the wall in a very tiny chair. As soon as I sat down, Kal came over and gave me a big hug. He's so stinking charming. 

Kal's teachers read each child's My Best Buddy page, with the answers the children gave about their buddies. I love Kal's answers, especially that I like to go to his house, and his final statement, "I love my buddy because she is so cute, and precious, and beautiful." I was melting!

I'm fairly sure his teachers didn't understand that Kal calls me Grantie Kake.
That's why it says his best buddy is Kiki.

After we heard all about everyone's best buddy, the kids sang two songs, "Skidamarink a dink a dink, I love you," and "A Bushel and a Peck." Kal did all the actions and sang out loudly "I love you" and pointed right at me. SOOOOOOO CUTE!!! (heart eyes, heart eyes, heart eyes). 



Most of the kids sat for most of the time in a mostly line.


After the singing, we got to have a brownie and milk. Kal brought me a brownie, declared it "really tasty!" and carefully carried over a cup of milk. We shared both. In between bites, he hugged me or wiggled around in an entertaining fashion. Sort of like below. (more heart eyes)


In the end, we got to have a picture together, and I got a most wonderful portrait painted by Kal himself. I look amazing!!



Everyone agrees that the tuft of hair on top of my head is terrific.
Consensus further says I look like either the BFG or Sloth from Goonies.
I've got great lips for giving lots of little kisses.

I drove Kal and Quin Seamons home. They chatted with me about all sorts of things, from going to school, eagles, eating fish and rats (Quin said he doesn't eat fish, but he does eat rats. When I said, "Ew, gross! Do rats taste yucky?" he readily agreed they did.), my old car and when I was getting a new one, and why I had to take Quin home first. 

Being Kal's Best Buddy was the BEST part of my whole week.




No comments:

Post a Comment