Friday, July 3, 2020

Hamilton, At Last

Ellen Mason introduced Blythe to Hamilton, a Broadway musical written by Lin-Manual Miranda. She has downloaded the music, purchased the CDs of the original Broadway cast, and desperately wants to see the production on stage. The traveling show did come to Salt Lake, but tickets were very hard to get, and a lot of money, so we didn't make it. She has begged and pleaded and whined for me to take her, but short of traveling out of state and spending really a lot of money (not happening), I told her she is going to be disappointed.

But! Joyous news!! Disney+ began streaming the original Broadway production today, July 3rd, just in time to celebrate Independence Day. Blythe has been counting down the days and today, all her dreams were realized. 

I'm not sure the actual show measured up to her expectations. She stopped watching when Elizabeth Stovall came over and asked if she could play, and she stopped watching a second time later in the day when it was time for dinner. I'm not sure she finished. But considering that Mikayla is the one who paid for the Disney+ subscription, I'm glad we've escaped spending gobs of money for something she didn't really love. I would like to watch, so maybe I'll sit down with her one evening and we'll watch the whole thing together.



No comments:

Post a Comment