Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Canoeing 2020

We spent the best day of the summer (and maybe the year) canoeing. I just love to canoe. I think I say that every year. Truly though, I just love it. As in years past, we went to Payson Lake with DeMartinis and floated, oared, and swam around. The water wasn't too cold, the sun wasn't too hot, and the air was perfectly piney fragranced. In addition to canoes, we rented stand-up paddleboards, which were a big hit. All was absolutely fantastic. As an added boost, I got paid to canoe this year! In my new position, I get paid vacation, so today, as I oared around the lake, I made $26.50 an hour. Does it get any better than that? I suppose it could have been a bit less crowded, but there was enough beach for everyone, and the lake is big enough that we weren't exactly canoeing into each other.













 



Mr. Kal came out on the SUP with me. 
He was happy to dangle hands and feet in the water.
While he moved around and nearly toppled me off the board, I managed to maintain balance.



 




Ava and I were out in a canoe.
As Sharae, Collin, and Eugene paddled towards us, I took their picture.
Then I took a picture of Mikayla and Cora on the SUP.
Then Brandt and Luke, in a canoe, rammed us so hard, 
they drove themselves up and over the edge of the canoe and swamped us.
Ava and I had to swim back to shore,
while Eugene and Sharae towed our canoe.








































No comments:

Post a Comment