Thursday, June 1, 2017

Ice Blocking

As I was cleaning up from our camping trip, I had three blocks of ice that hadn't really melted. I offered them up on our neighborhood Google group, and Brianna Bushman replied. She said she would take them for ice blocking if no one else wanted them, and why didn't we just plan on going together.

What a brilliant idea!

So today we packed a little lunch and met up with Mikayla and Briahna and Andrea Blad and did a bit of ice blocking. Cora did bum scooting down the hill, no ice required. Brick tried once and was done.  Brandt did many runs and had a great time and a wet bum. Blythe did a couple of runs too.

I did two runs and, on the second, crashed spectacularly. I lost control, spun around so my feet were pointed uphill, and then flipped over backwards, with my feet going over my head. I severely injured my neck, puling all the muscles down my neck and across my shoulders.  It makes me super worried because I'm biking 70 miles on Saturday and my neck and shoulders always get sore when I'm riding a long distance, and to start off sore doesn't sound terrific.  I'm going to pray extra hard that I'll loosen up and not be miserable.




 


Bikini shirt!





 This is the beginning of the run where I wiped out.
 


 Between these two pictures was the flip.
Somehow, Mikayla missed that moment.
 
 I'm seriously injured.
 


 


 Andrea Blad, her son Russon, Briahna Bushman, Brandt, me
 
Standing on the bridge: Blythe, Elle Blad, Greyson, Everett, and Ada Bushman, Bailey Blad, Brick, Brandt
Sitting on the bridge: Cora, Hadley Bushman, Russon Blad 
It was certainly fun to be with neighbors and visit as the kids ran around with friends and played.

No comments:

Post a Comment