Tuesday, November 29, 2016

O Christmas Tree


Saturday and today, With the help of Blythe and Brandt, I got all the Christmas decorations out and up, with the exception of the tree.  We ran out of time, and while I thought it would be great to decorate the tree for family home evening, it just didn't happen.  But today was the day for our tree, so I ran over to the tree lot before the kids got home from school.  I hoped to get it set up and the lights on so we'd have lots of time to put ornaments on and they wouldn't have to wait for me.  Thing is, Kent took the big car today so that he would get the snow tires put on, so I only had the Mini.  I figured a tree doesn't really weigh that much, Lance always ties it down for me, and I only have to drive about a mile, so taking the Mini was not going to be a problem.

I was right; it wasn't a problem at all.  I picked a tree quickly and Lance tied it down.  I thought the Mini looked so cute with the tree on top--it was a big tree on a little car, but Fiona was able to handle it.  I drove home thought a hitch.  Setting it up wasn't as easy, and I had to wait for the kids to get home and help, so lights weren't on and they did have to wait for me.  Oh well!  It will teach them patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment