Thursday, November 17, 2016

Funny Children

Most of these "Funny Children" posts are about Brandt and/or Blythe.  But today's "Funny Children" post features Brick.  We went to buy Mikayla a pair of shoes today.  We went to Runner's Corner which has a small track inside the store.  Brick and Cora and I literally ran around the store while Mikayla looked at and tried on shoes.  Then the children took things off the shelves and rearranged, played on the treadmill, hid in the clothing, and ran away from me.  At one point in our time there (nearly half an hour I would say), Brick was getting into something I didn't want him to play with, so I told him he couldn't.

Brick all but fell apart.  He didn't know what to make of that.  I never tell him no.  I am his Grantie Kate.  I dote.  I spoil.  I hug and kiss.  I feed and water (or juice).  But I never say no.  This is not entirely true, but practically.  So I told him no and he got sad.  Really, really sad.  Like so sad he lost all will to live and lay on the floor, unable to rouse himself to action.  When I asked what was wrong and why he was on the floor, he said, "I'm sad.  You told me no."

I tried really hard not to laugh out loud, because that would further hurt his feelings.  But I did take a picture, and he didn't like that either.  He lay there for some minutes.  I left him to chase after Cora.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment