Friday, November 13, 2015

Field Trip Friday #46--Roller Skating

I have never taken the kids roller skating, so today's Field Trip Friday was to Classic Fun Center for a first try.  It went about as well as ice skating has gone.  The children were hesitant to try without me, and although we did practice on the carpet, they were unsure of themselves once we got on the rink.  I pulled them around and around, encouraging them to move their feet and try and push off and glide, but they either weren't listening or it wasn't making any sense.  Brandt did get brave and managed to work his way around the rink several times without me, but Blythe wasn't quite as adventurous.  I told her it was just like ice staking, but she wasn't keen.  I told them all about learning to roller skate while wearing a clown costume.  Somehow I thought the costume fitted the activity and would not be persuaded otherwise.  I think it is important for the kids to learn how to skate, so this will probably be an activity we do again.  When they were finished and had taken off their skates, I zoomed around the rink, alone, going very fast.  I like to go fast.  I like to skate.  Maybe I'll look into roller derby.

The pictures are all terrible because I was taking them with my phone (grrrrr) and it was dark.
 
Blythe looks unhappy because 1. she's roller skating, and
2. she's not doing it well and didn't want me to take her picture.
Too bad!

 
Brandt was doing fairly well.

They are happy to be done and taking off their skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment