Saturday, November 21, 2015

BYU Football Game

For the past several weeks, Brandt has been saying he wants to go to a BYU football game.  Initially, I wasn't sure whether or not he really meant it, but he has continued to talk about it, so I decided he must be in earnest.  There was only one game left, so I checked out tickets.  They are expensive!  I didn't really want to sit way up high where Brandt couldn't really see what was going on, so I contacted Jeri Covey and asked if she had any extras.  She will let neighbors know when they aren't using their tickets, and it turned out, she had enough that we all could have gone.  However, Kent and Blythe had zero interest in going, so Brandt and I went alone.

Today was sunny but cold, so Brandt and I layer up, with long johns under our clothes, heavy socks and boots, hats, gloves, and a blanket.  I didn't want us to freeze.  The tickets were on the 50 yard line, 20 rows up, with a great view of everything that was going on.  Brandt asked lots of questions, all of which I could answer, and it was an exciting game from our team's perspective.  The final score was 52-10.

At half-time, the sun had gone down behind the stadium (we were on the west side) and it was getting very cold.  I texted Christopher who was also at the game and asked where they were sitting.  They were on the east side, at the 40 yard line, on the 10th row, and seats behind them were open.  We walked over to the other side of the stadium and sat with him and Crew and Griffin until the end of the third quarter when the score was 52 to 3.  Brandt wanted to play with the dudes, so he went home with them and Kent came and picked me up at the bottom of Stadium Avenue.  It was a fun game and Brandt said he wants to go again.

Go Cougs!

No comments:

Post a Comment