Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Kent's Birthday

Today is Kent's birthday.  Being Sunday, and Kent being as he is, we kept it pretty low key.  Brandt asked him what we wanted for breakfast, so we made him waffles.  We went to church and then I made him meatloaf for dinner.  Meatloaf always fills his love bucket.  We then had a few family and friends come over for pie and ice cream.  My mom came with Donovan, and Lee, Cammie, and Aaron, then Heidi with Jack and Simon, Tom and Suzan Nelson, Nick and Stacie Mason with Ellen, and Gregg and Linda Pugmire.  The pie was delicious--jumbleberry and apple--the company excellent, and none of it too much for Kent.  It was fun without being overwhelming.

Brandt and Blythe were very keen on making Kent cards.  Brandt drew a picture of Kent which I love.  Blythe told me what she wanted to say on her card, and then asked me to help her spell the words she didn't know.  She did really well until the end when she misheard what I said.  She was also anxious to let us know that although she said she loved Kent "more than anything in the whole entire worlp," she loved me and Brandt too.  Understood.  It is Kent's special day and thus perfectly acceptable to love him more than anything else.  I love him that much too.

Happy 58th old man!  Wouldn't have anyone but you.  Here's to the next 58.





No comments:

Post a Comment