Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Field Trip #20--Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum

It's Field Trip Friday, and today we went to the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum.  I bought a pass to Thanksgiving Point in March last year, and I was feeling like we hadn't quite taken advantage of it enough.  Plus, it was windy cold today, so we needed something inside to do.  We haven't been to the dinosaur museum in a long time, so a trip north seemed just the ticket.  We invited Tysen and the kids cousins to come too, so we were an energetic group.  The boys were so energetic, Tysen and I must have said, "Please don't run!" a combined total of 147 times during the 90 minutes we were there.  

The museum really is fantastic.  There are great displays, lots of things you can touch, and a dark starry tunnel Lyla wanted to walk through six times.  Had we not been so energetic, I would have taken more time to read all the plaques explaining what was in the exhibits.  Next time.  

Yesterday, after vision therapy, the kids wanted to stop for a milkshake.  It was too close to dinner, so I said no, but after our museum visit, we stopped at JCW's and got a shake for everyone.  (Though it was earlier in the afternoon, the children were still no interested in dinner until nearly 7:00pm.)  It was a fun time, and we enjoyed, as always, being with cousins.


Blythe is huddled in a cave she wanted me to climb into.
I didn't really want to get on the ground and crawl in, but she was insistent.
I should have gotten a picture of both of us inside.


Supersaurus and brontosaurus skeletons.
They were very large creatures.

I'm standing on the second floor of this exhibit, and I'm not even at the top of the shoulder blade.
The brontosaurus head is another story above me.

I liked all these skulls.
I wanted to play "guess the animal" with them all,
but my small people rushed on ahead.

Crew, Brandt, and Griffin
These next few pictures are prime examples of why I got a new camera.
Unfortunately, the new camera has a problem and must be repaired, 
so I'm back to the old one.
Insert curse here.



This one taken with grainy phone camera.
Grrrrrrrr.

I have lots of cute pictures of Blythe because she hung around with me and didn't run all over.
I was able to get her to sit still for a moment (or two or three since I was working with the old camera).




Blythe, Griffin, Lyla, Brandt, and Crew
Brandt made sure to point out to me that he has his hands in the dinosaurs nostrils.
Now I've pointed it out to you.

I do like these two.

Blythe wanted a picture on this rock, 
and Lyla did too.

Please don't think I'm a bad mother based on what my daughter is wearing.
It was cold today and I encouraged her to put something else on her body.
She would have none of it.
She wanted to wear the skirt, so wear the skirt she did.

My post-museum visit root beer freeze.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment