Friday, May 2, 2014

Tulip Festival

It's the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point, and I invited Mikayla to come along with us to wander around the grounds.  We went after school (early out) and found the place was packed with people, largely because it is the penultimate day of the Tulip Festival.  Everything was beautiful, including the weather, and it was super nice to be outside.  We enjoyed the flowers, each other, and God's glorious creations.











Brandt desperately wanted to drive off in this golf cart and was somewhat putout when I told him we couldn't.
I didn't tell him we could rent one to drive around, because then I would probably be forced to do it.



Blythe was lying on me.
Brick must have thought it looked like a game because he ran over and jumped on Blythe.
Dog pile on the mom!







There were a number of interactive activities for children, all of which Blythe did and most of which Brandt ignored.  Blythe got to plant a seed, and I supposed I must admit to leaving it so long in the car and never giving it any water, that nothing grew.  Oh well.  I'm not sure she will ever remember planting anything, until she looks at this picture.


She also did painting with a fork.




The children sort of played chess with these giant pieces, 
but more to just move them around the squares.



Brick played too.




I wanted a picture of the two of them by this pillar, 
but Brandt wouldn't cooperate.


Better cooperation here.

There was a singing and dancing performing group on the stage by the waterfall.  I had promised the children a snow cone, so we sat on the lawn and listened/watched as we ate them.  The group was terrible.  I was embarrassed for them.  The kids loved it.  They both wanted to stay until the very end, but I could only stomach so much.  I could have had twice as much snow cone, but would have been happy with half as much entertainment.



No comments:

Post a Comment