Sunday, July 21, 2013

Girls Weekend

This weekend I was invited to the cabin of my friend, Becky Phillips.  The Phillips' beautiful cabin is in Timberlakes, above Heber.  I got to go be with favorite girlfriends to eat, laugh, play, hike, talk, and enjoy time together without our children, for two whole days!  It was wonderful.  I am always so grateful for moments to catch my breath, to rest, and to just be without dependent little people.  And I am grateful for Kent's support of those weekends.  While we were at the cabin, we took Ranger rides to look for animals, and our searches were not in vain.  Here are some pictures.

A moose right outside the cabin.
Right there!
She was having some dinner shortly before we had ours.
 
Heidi with me in the back of the Ranger.
The Ranger holds six people, but we were eight, so Heidi and I were "cargo."
This was on Thursday evening.
We saw a herd of eight young bucks all together. 




Becky Phillips, Elizabeth Elder, McKenzie Drake
Heather Helquist, Janie Penfield, and Angela Richards
Heather didn't want her picture taken, so she wasn't still

 
More of that eight head herd
 
The sky that night.
It was beautiful! 
 

 
Heidi and me in the back bumping along.

Friday night when we went looking for animals, we saw a mother and calf moose.  We were on the opposite side of a small lake from them, and we wanted a better look.  They were feeding right next to a cabin, so we drove around the lake and asked the cabin owners if we could watch the moose from their porch.  They agreed, so we stood for fifteen or so minutes watching them eat.  The baby was chasing a deer that wandered close by.  Jill Connelly said, "As long as I don't get dementia, I'm going to remember this moment my whole life."  It was pretty fantastic.

Mom with calf moose 


 


Saturday morning a herd of six deer walked right to the cabin, 
then hung around eating.
This one below came right up to us as we stood watching them on the deck.
She seemed completely comfortable with us.



 
Here we are on Saturday morning.
Heidi Tanner, me, Cinda Morgan, Jill Connelly, Becky Phillips, Janie Penfield, 
Carrie Thompson, and Maureen Ogles

Moose!

No comments:

Post a Comment