Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Weapon

Kent has a k-bar knife he got from his brother Craig years ago.  Brandt really likes it.  He is a boy and it is a weapon, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  Brandt asked Kent if he could see it the other day, the k-bar that is, but Kent couldn't find it.  While looking, however, he did come across this Japanese bayonet that he has had for year too.  Brandt found this weapon entirely acceptable as an alternative when the other could not be found.  He has been carrying it around off and on for several days until today when I took it away after he was whacking away at the back deck with it.  I was concerned he was going to do himself a mischief and we were going to end up at the emergency room getting Brandt lots and lots of stitches.  He believes my concerns are unfounded.  Oh well.  I am the mom.  I would like to point out the gleam in that boy's eye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment