Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Circus

We went to the circus this afternoon/evening.  I had a community council meeting, so Mikayla took Brandt and Blythe and then I went a bit late and met up with them.  Christopher and Tysen came with their kids, and Sharae brought hers, though without Collin.  It was loud but fun.  Acts on the trapeze and high wire, performing elephants, horses, dogs, and even a camel, and women in skimpy outfits dancing, hoola hooping, and dangling from ropes.  Every time I go to the circus I am intrigued by those whose lives are about performing in that sort of venue, and this time I am determined to check out a book from the library about circus life.

I picked Brandt up from school today and asked if he was ready to go to the circus.  He replied, "When you meet a clown, if he comes up to you, just walk away.  You never know if he has a pistol."

I certainly agree with the first statement.  I'm not a huge fan of clowns and probably would walk away if one approached me.  But what's up with the pistol?  When I questioned a bit more, Brandt told me that Izaiah told Troy who told him, so I suppose it must be true.

Just walk away!

No comments:

Post a Comment