Monday, January 14, 2013

A Small Helper

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned to Blythe that I wanted to get a little dresser, specifically a valet dresser, that was my grandmother's out of storage, paint it yellow, and put it in her room for her treasures.  I had seen the dresser, I have three gallons of yellow paint (I wanted to paint Blythe's room yellow, but she insisted on pink), and Blythe, as a girl, has lots and lots of treasures that need a place to live.  Unfortunately, I mentioned it before I was actually ready to do anything about it, and for weeks now, she has been saying to me, "Mom, when do I get my dresser for my treasures?"

Last week I went and got the dresser, did a bit of sanding, and then on Friday, we painted.  Blythe helped. I was nervous about her painting in her clothing, but it is cold in the basement, so I had her be really careful.  She did get a bit of yellow paint on her shirt, but I wiped it off quickly and I don't think it will be noticeable.  She was so happy to be participating and painted four of the six drawers before she was ready to move on to something else.  When Kent got home from work the first thing Blythe said to him was, "Dad! Dad! Come downstairs and see something!"  She made him close his eyes once they got downstairs and then led him to where the drawers and the dresser were drying.  She excitedly jumped up and down yelling, "Look! Look!" She proudly told him how she had painted, too.  



The dresser turned out cute.  As with most of my projects, I get so excited to launch in, I forget to take a "before" picture, so there is only an after.  I didn't really try to do a superb job because I just wanted to get it finished and in Blythe's room so she would quit harassing me, but I do think it pops against the pink walls and next to her green curtains.  And it contains all sorts of wonderful stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment