Monday, January 14, 2013

An Obsession


 


Last Sunday in Primary, Mike Phillips was doing sharing time.  He was introducing the new Primary theme for the year, "I Am a Child of God."  He was asking the children how they knew they were children of God. Brandt raised his hand to answer, and I thought to myself, 'Oh, my boy knows he is a child of God.  I wonder what he will say.'  

Brandt said, "Heavenly Father has a light saber "  

What!  Poor Brother Phillips looked somewhat at a loss as to how to respond.  I said, "Don't you love how the gospel learning is really sinking in at home?"

I suppose Heavenly Father could have a light saber.  He is all powerful and all knowing, and he did create the world, so it isn't out of the realm of possibility.  But I must say that in none of our family home evenings or informal gospel discussions has it ever been mentioned that Heavenly Father does have a light saber.  I guess my work as a teacher of the restored gospel is not yet finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment