Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chores

Clear, shoveled walks

I had a long "To-Do" list yesterday, and as I was without children from 9 to 1:30, I got most of the items on the list crossed off.  One thing I needed to do was clean the floors--vacuum and mop.  The kitchen and dining area in particular were pretty bad.  I hadn't put it on the list, but I felt that today had to be the day.

By the afternoon, when I went for Brandt, I had vacuumed everything and mopped the kitchen and dining area.  I told myself I would finish when I got back with Brandt.  It has snowed all day, however, and as we stomped through the snow covering the sidewalks and driveway, I decided I would shovel instead of mopping.  The snow was heavy and the air was chilly, but it was nice to be outside in the brisk atmosphere clearing the walks.  I felt good about the results of the efforts, but have to admit that I didn't finish the mopping.

Should I feel bad about that, guilty that the majority of the hardwood floor is still dirty? I think not.  I think I will enjoy the idea that the walks are clean (though I probably won't go out much), and recognize that the dirt on the floor will be there for me tomorrow.  How lucky is that for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment