Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Play

Saturday afternoon, Kent and I took the children to see a wonderful play for young audiences.  It was called Fancy Nancy and Other Stories.  It was a retelling of six or seven popular children's stories, with music and dancing and fun costumes.  It was a riveting hour and fifteen minutes and the kids loved it.  There was Duck for President, Leonardo the Terrible Monster, Baby Mouse, Fancy Nancy, Pirates Don't Change Diapers, and I Have to Go.  Blythe's favorite was Fancy Nancy, of course, and Brandt's favorite was Pirates Don't Change Diapers.  I hoped that Brandt was moved by I Have to Go about a boy who does not like to go to the bathroom, claims he doesn't have to go and will never, never, never, never, never pee again.  To which all the adults reply, "Well then."  I was impressed by how clearly the performers sang; I understood every word and think the children did too.

In the theater, excitedly awaiting the beginning of the show.

And after the play, as is tradition, we went for an ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment