Sunday, May 6, 2012

Diction

Thanks to an introduction by Uncle Guy, Brandt has been on a Star Wars kick.  Every week he brings home a Star Wars book from the library, he wants to hear Jedi stories, and in his own play, he frequently battles "Dark Vader" with his "light saver."  I would love to have him watch the Star Wars movies, but I think he is still a bit young.

The books Brandt has brought home have been filled with good guys and bad guys and epic battles between them.  As part of his end of year stuff in speech therapy, he gets to do a podcast, and he selected Star Wars as the theme.  He was to select four pictures off the internet, come up with a sentence or two for each picture, and then the speech therapist is helping him practice.  One of the images he chose is the bad guy, General Grievous.  He is part man, part machine, and his two arms can become four.  He takes the light sabers of Jedi he kills and fights with four of them.  I have to admit I didn't see two of the Star Wars movies, episodes two and three, so I never saw General Grievous in action, but he looks nasty.  

Brandt is able to say his name just fine.  Blythe, however, calls him Geneval Jesus.  I don't see the resemblance myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment